Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wreath made from . . . Spoons!

My mom goes blog hopping just like me, and she happened to find an awesome project that I hadn't seen.  It's a wreath made out of plastic spoons - she found it at Nesting Place.  Here's mine!
I grabbed a couple boxes of spoons on my trip to the grocery store the next day and made this during nap time. The only problem was that my front door is white, so the white spoons just blended in with the door.

I went to party city to look at some cool colored spoons, but they were quite expensive compared to the 99 cents I spent at Safeway.  Then I got another idea...spray paint.  They make special spray paint meant for plastic, but the colors are boring - so I went with normal spray paint and just hoped it would adhere to the plastic okay.  It's going to stay stationary on my door, so hopefully the paint will last.  I painted it yellow so that I could have a fun, summer wreath.  It reminds me of either sun or wheat... but I like it.  It was super easy to put together, and I used all 48 spoons that came in the boxes, so $2 for a wreath isn't bad.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the dollar tree or even walmart? They have pretty cheap prices on party supplies and I know they have pink!

    ReplyDelete