Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Captain America Muscle Tee

When I saw this idea from Cheri, I knew I had to make one. Only problem was, I couldn't find a plain t-shirt anywhere. Target only sells them with pockets on the front - why would they do that?

And Wal-Mart was only selling muscle tees, so I went for that look.
I tried her method of using plastic wrap to apply the paint - I don't know how she did it so good, cause it was an awful mess for me. I got red paint on the side (even though I had a wide buffer of freezer paper surrounding the paint area) and I couldn't get the same "vintage" look that she did, so I just opted for one single coat - making it look a bit worn. And my red paint seeped through a bit around the edges, but I think that adds to the "worn" look.

And since I got red paint on the side seam, I decided to print out letters on my cricut to cover it up. I actually liked it better with the words down the side.

6 comments:

  1. love your blog! Some fun crafts!!

    www.babyjaynes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing something for the boys!! Darling!
    www.jandeecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this for little boys! Who knew it was so hard to find a plain white tee?! Also, I like the wording down the side, even if it wasn't meant to cover up an oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it turned out great! :)

    jen@eighteen25

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your patriotic spirit. It is red, white and bluetiful!

    I hope you'll stop by for my bbq on an Anthropologie inspired white tablecloth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually end up buying the ones with the pockets and seam ripping them out. Once you wash the shirt, you would never know the pocket was there.

    ReplyDelete