Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Paper Purse treat/gift

At church, we have a program where a pair of women team up and visit a few different women in the church and that usually involves sharing a gospel message and sometimes leaving them with a treat! As a treat to go along with this month's Visiting Teaching message, I found this idea for a paper purse filled with chocolate gold coins. This month's message is about "managing your resourses wisely and staying out of debt." This was so easy to make - I made 2 in probably less than 10 minutes! Just download her template and print it on the back of your patterned paper and cut it out. Simple and quick! It even has a quote by Elder Rober D. Hales on the inside flap.

Now all I have to do is go find chocolate gold coins. Since the next holiday coming up is St. Patrick's Day, hopefully there are tons of these to find at the store.
I could see this working really well for a party favor as well where you want a purse to hold the candy. Just leave off the quote and it works for any occasion.

4 comments:

  1. We must belong to the same Church! I SO wish I would have come across this tutorial alot sooner! (I usually do my visiting teaching the first week of the month to get it done and over with). I love the idea though. It's definitely fitting though for the lesson this month! SOOO Cute! Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I'm going Visiting Teaching this afternoon and now wondering if I have time to pull this off. I saw bulk gold coins at Smith's/Kroger/Ralphs so if you have one of these in your area you might be able to find them. I'm pretty sure I'm going to stop stop by on my way to my appointments!
    Thanks for the adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a VT, but I do have 2 little girls that would love those! Cute idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete