Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bubble skirt and applique tank top

I made this outfit for my 5 year old niece for her birthday. I applique'd the hearts on the tank top to match the fabric for the skirt.
The skirt was a headache for me. I loved the idea of a bubble skirt and tried to alter and do it myself. The waistband gave me the most trouble. I think it was partly because the fabric I used was thick, heavy, and stretchy, so it wasn't easy to sew. Next time, I'll take pictures of the process and make a tutorial out of it, but I'll use a t-shirt knit fabric or cotton next time.
I didn't get a picture of her wearing it to post since it got tossed to the side in favor of the new toys she wanted to play with instead. But I love that it bubbles out at the bottom since the inner lining layer is shorter and thinner so it pulls in the top layer to bubble out.

No comments:

Post a Comment