Thursday, July 9, 2009

Buttoned Flower Hair Clip

I made this last week, but my internet was down for almost a week, and I forgot I was waiting to post it :)

I found a bouquet of red flowers at Jo-Anns and used my trusty 40% off coupon (I wouldn't have half my craft stash without those now that we're living on a budget). I picked off 3 flowers from the stems and used a needle and thread to sew them together and attached a yellow button to the center.

Some fake flowers come with pretty centers you can use, but mine were ugly, so I opted for the button.

I then covered an alligator clip with 7 inches of 3/8" yellow ribbon and sewed the flower down to the ribbon-lined clip and then finished it off with some craft glue under the flower to add extra stability.

P.S. - I looked all over about 4 months ago for a handful of the alligator clips (or AKA Toddler Clips) and wound up at Sally's Beauty Supply. I got this box below of 100 clips for about $5. You can't find a better deal than that. These are the same clips I used when I made these Toddler Hair Clips last month. . .
This was my first attempt at attaching flowers to clips, but I hope to get better flowers next time (preferrably Daisies)!

No comments:

Post a Comment